Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here she is!!

Well, she is finally here! I started having little cramps Sunday morning, but didn't really think anything of it. We went to church and they started getting much stronger. We decided to go to the hospital that night at 1:00 a.m. I got an epidural at 3:45 a.m., the greatest thing ever!! Things were progressing for the first few hours, but slowly. So they gave me pitocin at about 8:00 a.m. and that definately worked! I went from dilated to a 4 to a 9 in an hour. I started pushing at 9:30 and she was born at 11:21!!! As for her hair, we were just as shocked as you guys probably are. It is totally red, but it makes sense coming from Jason's family. She totally looks like Jason to me and I don't see any of my family in her so she's already a daddy's girl! We are so excited and know it will be a lot of work, but worth it! The #1 question....name!?!?! Well, we decided to go with Meali'i Ella A'alona. I will put more pictures up soon!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She is darling!! We are glad to hear everything went well! Congratualtions we can't wait to meet her in person :)

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

OH man.. what a doll! Happy to hear all is well! We cant wait to see her!

The Gallagher group said...

What a cute baby!!! The girls fight over her already and they haven't even met her yet ha! Each of them say " My baby Aalona "

Love you guys!

Shelby and Mike Fenton said...

AHHHH! She's here and she is beautiful! Congratulations! We are so excited for you two! We can't wait to meet her! We are also very happy to hear that Mom and Baby are doing well!

Love,
The Fenton's

Tatum said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I can definitely see Jason in her! Congratulations! Oh, and I'm giving your maternity pics to Makai and Bridgette to give to you! I can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! She is such a cutie! Congratulations!!

DeLaBlog said...

i have faithfully been checking your blog waiting for this exact moment! im way excited for you guys. she is beautiful! I love the red hair!!

The Jeffery Family said...

congrats! She is a doll! I am so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Eeeeemily and Jason! I'm so happy for you guys. So happy that little Maya is here safe and sound. She's gorgeous in every way! Congratulations!!! Love, Liesa

StubbsFamily said...

Congratulations! It sounds like everything went well. She is adorable.

Val said...

Congrats guys! She is so cute...can't wait to see more pics!

Cortney said...

She is so beautiful! i'm so excited :)

jen said...

I just had to come say congrats!! Jason, you are going to be such a great Daddy! She is absolutely darling, and I have to agree... such an Aalona! Best wishes to you all! God bless!